Tuesday, November 24, 2009

When is the photo done?






















This is the same photo as the one below, just processed differently in Bridge/Adobe Camera RAW. This is much closer to the way the scene actually looked, but when I first processed it, I thought the darker, contrasty look below would give it a look closer to film and draw more attention to the statue. But tonight I like this brighter, airier feel.

I try to do no Photoshoppery to the images I post here, for a few reasons: I like to try to light things correctly the first time, without manipulating the hell out of them; I often manipulate the hell out of others' images on freelance design gigs, per the client's request, and I find the search for unattainable perfection a little crazy-making; and I like to preserve the authenticity of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment